We will be convening for our third Ban Fossil Ads webinar called ‘Mirroring the tobacco strategy: Health care workers ban fossil ads’. We will learn about the historical fight against tobacco advertising and draw lessons for our fight against fossil ads. Which campaigns are currently active, what are their successes and what advice do they have for groups looking to involve the health care perspective? How can we ban fossil ads on a local scale, but also how can we put pressure collectively on international bodies like the WHO to make a global fossil ad ban a reality?
We will also take opportunity to make an overview of what is going on and coming up in our movement. Please prepare a short alinea with links to relevant pages, so we can gather all your input on a timeline!
Join us 27th of September at 19:30-21:00 (CET) via https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88084323349
We are very excited to announce our program with 2 keynote speakers and 3 panelists from our movement:
- Keynote: Cynthia Callard, director of Physicians for a Smoke-Free Canada. Will speak on ‘History of fight against tobacco ads and lessons we can learn for a fossil ad ban’
- Keynote: Anders Nordström, former Global Health ambassador Sweden & previous Acting Director-General WHO. Will speak on ‘Fossil fuels – negative health consequences & climate and health potential co-benefits’
After many European signatures were collected during the ECI, a successful Ban Fossil Ads conference in Amsterdam last March, and with the European elections coming up already next year, it is time to give the European momentum around fossil ad bans another boost. Reclame Fossielvrij (Fossil Free Advertising) and Badvertising Sweden are therefore hosting a series of webinars with the following aims:
- Strengthening and broadening the European fossil ad ban network;
- Sharing knowledge about local fossil ad bans;
- Strategizing on European level campaigns and elections.
Can’t make it this time? You can still sign up here and get updated when the next webinar is coming up!